VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

converting pixel graphics (png / bmp / ..) to svg graphics

I just finished a 'small' application that converts pixel graphics to svg for videoscribe.

You can manipulate your black and white drawing / sketch / math expression and get it wright for videoscribe.

Unpack the zip file, start the executable, work with it, and press the (?) for some information about the usage. I added two png files as examples to process.

Alogo.PNG Alogo.PNG
8.42 KB

Hey Otto,

Thanks for sharing this, we've had a look and it certainly seems to have it's uses! 

From a legal side of things we have been told that for now we need to remove the file from the site as we are responsible for anything downloaded from our websites and obviously cannot be sure of the code and security of this application at this time. However we have taken a copy and plan to get it looked at by our developers and get in contact with you next week to discuss a way forward. We just need to give it a proper check before we can make it downloadable from a Sparkol website.

Cheers

Barry

I have been in communication with Videoscribe about the question where to put supporting software. Regretfully, but understandable, it can not be stored in the videoscribe space. Therefore I stored it at google. You can find it in: https://sites.google.com/site/pixels2svg. In that site link to google drive is given, the same as below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4CRFle4q1HcZGpfcDdqQlEzdVE/view?usp=sharing

I added a few features, so you can see how it will be drawn in videoscribe.

Otto

Thanks for being patient with us Otto while we worked through the legal side of software we do not write the code for being linked through our site! As he said it is available from the author’s website here: sites.google.com/site/pixels2svg

Disclaimer: We like this software, and it has performed well during ordinary use, but we have not undertaken any in-depth testing and we have not checked it for the presence of malware or any potentially harmful behaviour, so you download and use it at your own risk and we do not accept any liability for any loss or damage it may cause.”

Login to post a comment