Overlapping objects a source of problems?

• Hi all,

I'm working on a scribe that's really causing me headache. Hangings and crashes all the time while I edit. There is one thing in it that I suspect may be a source of problems and that is that a lot of the objects are overlapping. I describe an information model, one element at a time. For each added element I tell a few words about what that element is about, wipe that out by putting a white object on top of it and then I move on.

As you realize there are parts of my canvas where there is quite a pile of objects, with the one on top just being a white area.

Could this be a source of my problems? Is there any chance of a new release soon where this is corrected?

Kind regards,

Erik

• This is a bug that we're aware of where if you have 24 elements on top of each other, a white box appears between the first layer and second layer.

To avoid this issue, don't have more than 23 elements on top of each other.

• Ok. I don't Think I've triggered that bug (yet) but I do have terrible problems with hangings. I can barely edit my scribe any more and I don't know what the cause might be.

I've removed all the JPGs I used, checked all images that they are proper, as far as I can. The only thing remaining is: Does this overlapping thing cause hangnings?

• Hi,

You have not provided enough information to diagnose the reason(s) for hangings and crashing. The use of overlapping does not necessarily contribute to crashing or hanging. Some likely causes are length of video/ number of elements/ files sizes/ camera settings/ problematic images...

Please save your project to the cloud and raise a support ticket if you want customer support to help you troubleshoot it.

and/or save your project as a .scribe file and attach it here if you want help from fellow users.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Ok. I see. Well, I can't share it since it's my customer's project, unfortunately.

Is there a limitation in maximum number of objects? That might be the reason...

• No, there is no magic number. You could theoretically have 100 images that work fine or 5 images that crash it, for example.

The more objects you use, and the more fonts you have imported into videoscribe, and the larger your file sizes are, and the wilder your camera settings are, (and some other factors)... the more memory gets used until videoscribe reaches it's limit and eventually freezes or crashes.

TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Ok. Thanks, Mike.

Yes, I've seen that thread and that got me going a bit further but I'm stuck again. Hangings and crashes. I guess I'll have to try to split my project in two or something. I don't know...

Login to post a comment