Hand question

• hi -  is it possible to make a drawing hand stay on screen (i.e. not disappear / reappear) in between elements?

I am working on an animation which has some slides where items are ticked off a list, and the hand disappears / reappears between each tick.  This doesn't look natural.

Would appreciate advice - thanks :) 

• If you do not want the hand to disappear between ticks, I believe you have 2 options:

1) Combine all of the ticks into one image using an art program such as inkscape or Illustrator (if the image is an SVG), or photoshop, gimp etc (if the image is raster). Then import the new image into videoscribe

or

2) Render the video with all the ticks as separate elements and then use video editing software to edit out the video frames in which the hand is not present between ticks (this option will affect the timing of those scenes and the audio as well).

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks Mike.  The 2nd option had occurred to me, but we are using a voiceover for this animation and the timing is already very finely tuned, so I think it'll be best to leave the hand out and have the ticks drawn without. 

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Login to post a comment