Image Quality

•  VideoScribe is great, but I (and lots of others in the topics) see one big problem, which just is not necessary on version number 3: The bad image quality in many cases!

I am a programmer, too - and suggest the following approach:
    - When inserting an SVG image, a default image quality is calculated (as it is now).
    - Every time, an image changes it's size or the zoom factor is changed, you remember that image (as a potential candidate for re-calculation)
    - When viewing the preview, all these remembered images are calculated newly before the preview-video starts: With the exact needed size depending on zoom and size in the scene.
    - Perhaps this can be optimized by a separat background task to calculate when memory is free and not only when the preview is started
    - You could add a setting to disable the automatic calculation and enable a button to re-calculate all images.

=> Should be possible in a few days by one person... so please add it to the next version, I have seven videos to render with many image quality problems... (yes, I know the workarounds from the other topics, but it is not possible in all cases)

Best regards,
    Ingmar

• Hi Ingmar,

Please note that you can adjust the Image Quality via User Preferences on the project selection screen.

This was limited in previous versions of version 3 but has been restored to the maximum value of 4000px.

I also suggest this Instant Answer on optimising images here.

If there are any particular images that you're having trouble with, please raise a ticket and attach the image so we can assist you further.