Popping text - issue with timing on 0 second text

• I was working on a video for which I needed sentences of text to appear instantly, rather than using the writing animation. I have 'no hand' selected for the drawing of everything on the scribe, and I input 4 separate text boxes, with 0 second in the animate section, but with varying lengths of time in pause and transition, so that each sentence appears in time with the voice over.

When I rendered the video and watched it back in VLC, the first two lines of text would appear together, then an elongated pause, then the second two together. The rest of the video remained in time, so for some reasons VS collated the timings of two separate text boxes. It did this consistently throughout the video. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I'm using version 3.

Thanks,

Joe

• There is a bug that currrently requires you to change that 0 to .1 for text that you want to appear instantly.

related link: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000004045

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Yes, that bug still exists in version 3.0 of VideoScribe.

If a text element with a 0 second Animate time is followed by any other element that has 0 second Animate time, pause and transition times are ignored for the first element on the rendered video.

A workaround for now is to add 0.1 seconds to the Animate time and remove the hand of either element.

Login to post a comment