Online folder for premium images (RR-740)

Implemented
  • Hi there! 

Would it be possible to come up with a better solution for reusing paid-for premium images? At the moment (from what I have read), you can only access your purchased images by going to your 'recently used' folder or copying and pasting them from another scribe. And it also doesn't show that you have already purchased a specific image so you run the risk of paying double. I am going to be purchasing dozens of images over the next few months for an on-going project and I will need to reuse images in over 10 videos. There is no way I am going to be able to keep track of what I have bought and it is not realistic to think that I can start a new scribe, think about what image I need, go back into the other videos I have created and open them to see if I have already purchased and used the image, copy and paste that into the current one I am using, etc. 

I would be uber grateful if someone could help me with a solution!

Thank you!

6 people like this idea
  • Thanks for submitting this feature request. I have passed the details onto our design and development teams and it will be considered for inclusion in a future release of VideoScribe.

• This update is a must. Everyone that buys premium images seems to have a problem with this.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

• This feature would be immensely useful and practical. It would be great to have:
    1) a button or tab on the image import menu to show all previously purchased images (as well as the existing  tabs for recently used images etc
    2) a special color code to identify premium image thumbnails that have already been purchased , or possibly gray them out, and 
    3) a clear label "you have already purchased this image" on the image preview popup, even if the image can be purchased again.

• Thought I would share with you how I have managed my purchases over the years as it may be useful to others too...

I have scribe project called 'paid images' saved to my online cloud folder. If I buy an image during a session I open that and add my new purchase(s) to that canvas while they are in my recently used list. I then resave that to the cloud and I then have one project which contains all my purchases and that's available on all computers that I log-into VideoScribe from. Makes the copy/paste option for re-using purchases a lot easier as I don't have to remember what scribe I used them on.

Still think this feature idea is a great one and would certainly save me from having to do a little admin to keep the files in order myself. Added my vote to the original post by Liking it.

• We have just released v3.4.0 of VideoScribe and this includes a new 'My purchased images' feature so you can access any premium image purchases you have made easily. Upgrade to the latest version of VideoScribe to make the most of this new addition.  

Login to post a comment