VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Watermark Removal

I've been using the free trial version of Videoscribe for a few days and I've just uploaded my video to Youtube. I was under the impression the the 'Videoscribe Free Trial' watermark in the background would disappear once I uploaded the video. I read multiple posts in the q&a section of this website and the admins stated clearly 'the only thing that will show is the VideoScribe logo in the bottom right corner of the video, when publishing a scribe during the free trial' (this is a direct quote from one of the posts by an admin). There is no logo at the bottom right of my video, just the watermark in the background. How do I remove this?

The location of the watermark has changed in recent Videoscribe versions I think. You probably read some old guides referring to version 2.

Videos published using a free trial will always have the watermark.

Paid subscribers can publish videos without a watermark.

-Mike(videoscribe user)

That's correct, the free-trial watermark changed in v3.0.6 of VideoScribe which was released on the 7th February this year from a bold logo the bottom corner to a faded logo over the whole of the canvas.

http://blog.videoscribe.co/videoscribe-v3-0-6-release-notes/

Wow. That's incredibly non-transparent and misleading.... I was actually thinking of purchasing the software, but would never get involved with a company that resorts to tricks like that. Such misleading advertising isn't going to get you many fans.

Hi,

The watermark logo is mentioned in several places, including the free trial description/licensing FAQ: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000205667-videoscribe-free-7-day-trial

(quote:)

The free trial grants you access to most of VideoScribe’s features, but there are a few restrictions and differences between the trial and the full subscription product:

• You can only render your completed project to YouTube, FaceBook or PowerPoint during trial. Rendering to a local video file is disabled
  • All rendered videos will carry a VideoScribe watermark
  • You cannot choose the size or quality of your rendered video
  • You cannot access premium images, these are an additional cost even with a subscription but we cannot charge you for them until you have a paid account
  • You cannot work offline or use the trial on multiple computers
  • You do not have video resale rights as a trial user

If you can provide a specific description of what you would like Sparkol to change to be "more transparent and less misleading", Sparkol would probably be interested in your feedback.

Login to post a comment