VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Animations out of sync with audio while editing

I understand that this problem seems to be happening for other people, but has anyone found a solution as of yet. I use Videoscribe regularly and this problem has only been getting worse. Like to the point of having to replay from the beginning every single new image to make sure it is syncing correctly which is way too time consuming. I'm not using any 0 second animations, the shortest I've used is 1 second, in fact I'm only using fade in and no moving transitions at all. THAT's IT and the glitch is still happening.

Thanks for writing a good description. You reminded me about something:

When I use a fade-in, the fade in is slower in the preview than in the rendered video. Therefore the element immediately after the fade-in element starts late. I haven't checked to see if the  videoscribe preview may "catch up" to the correct timing one or two elements after the fade-in element.. In any case, SOME, or all, of the timings are probably going to be incorrect after the fade-in.

I agree that this probably qualifies as a bug and an inconvenience. Maybe users with more powerful computers do not experience this time stretching with fade-ins, but my guess is that most people will see it happening in their work if they are using very precise timings.

suggested workarounds until the issue is corrected:

option 1)  when previewing a scribe, play it all the way through the first fade-in element, then stop the preview and start playing again from the next element. continue through the next fade-in, then stop and play from the next element... Repeat until you get to the end.

option 2) change all of your fade-ins to "draw" in order to get your timings right . Preview the whole scribe, then change them back to fade-ins before rendering.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Yes, we have identified this issue as a bug and our developers are aware of it. A fix for this will be implemented in a future release of VideoScribe.

The workarounds that Mike has suggested are good ways of avoiding this in the meantime.

We have found that the higher the default image quality setting (when a particular image was imported), the worse this issue becomes. This only affects images; text should fade in the correct amount of time.

Image quality also seems to affect Move-in images but they don't seem to be affected as much as Fade-in images.

Login to post a comment