VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Video Won't Render

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with this issue!!

Ever since downloading the newest version of VideoScribe, I've been unable to render videos. When I select download video and proceed to click the checkmark, nothing happens (see attached image). It just stays at this screen, and the "rendering your scribe" bar does not move - whereas in prior versions of Videoscribe, the window would go away and I could see the loading bar progress as the video was rendering.

Could you please help me out with this problem? I don't mind switching back to the previous version of videoscribe but I do not know where to download it. I also wanted to try re-installing Videoscribe but I was worried I might delete my scribes by accident.

Thanks again,

Vincent

See that little red warning icon in the lower right corner of your screenshot.

That a warning about one of the problems with your project that are probably preventing it from rendering.

Save and close the scribe if possible, then close and restart videoscribe and try to render a smaller project  as a test.

You can save your project to the cloud folder and ask customer support to help you identify issues that can be improved in your project.

Related thread: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000065281

Hope that helps,

Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks Mike,

I tried rendering a smaller project and it rendered fine.

I'll definitely try some of the other steps you mentioned, including uploading to the cloud folder and asking customer support. 

My issue is that I've completed many projects of similar size and zoom levels (a video series) and they all rendered fine up until this update. The video that I am having problems with actually rendered just fine last week. It's a 10+ minute video I created for a client, so making major changes to the video would be quite the workload.

I wonder if the VideoScribe staff could post the slightly older version of VideoScribe that I had before, and if I could download that, since this previously rendered fine. Again, this video project is for a client and we were just in the final steps of finalizing the video. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Vincent

We have discovered an issue with the recent 3.1.0-4 release version on Windows (Mac users are unaffected) and we have replaced it with a fixed update. The released version had a capped memory limit of 2GB and can cause issues such as failing on rendering, crashing and freezing, sluggish performance and any other issues related to high memory usage.

The fixed version (3.1.0-5) can be downloaded from here: https://my.sparkol.com/versions/download/310005/Windows

All Windows users of version 3.1.0 should make sure they have installed the 3.1.0-5 update.

See this blog post for more information about this issue.

Hi Matthew,

The rendering now works fine with the new version. Thanks!!

Vincent

Login to post a comment