The main way to solve crashing and freezing on the VideoScribe iPad app is to update to the latest version. Check for updates in the App Store.
Older versions of the app may still crash for the following reasons:
The file is corrupted
Try to save the scribe to the online directory (you'll need a good internet connection). If you cannot save it online it is likely that the file is corrupt. Save the scribe online without opening it on the canvas and contact support for help.
There is not enough memory (RAM) to load the scribe
If the scribe in question has a lot of images (especially HD imported images), your iPad could be running out of memory. What is believed to be the available RAM on iPad devices:
- iPad 1 – 256 MB RAM
- iPad 2 – 512 MB RAM
- iPad 3 – 1024 MB RAM
- iPad 4 – 1024 MB RAM
- iPad Air – 1024 MB RAM
- iPad Mini 1 – 512 MB RAM
- iPad Mini 2 – 1024 MB RAM
To test if the device is running out of memory:
- Create a test scribe with only one or two library images
- Save and load this scribe
- If it works no problem, the device and app are working okay when the memory is not being overloaded.
You need to update to the latest iOS
Try updating your iPad's operating system (iOS) to the latest available version.
- On your iPad, go to Settings> General> Software Update
- Run any iOS updates that are available
You need to reset your iPad general settings
Although you will not lose any data, it is advisable to back up your iPad before resetting so you can restore any customised settings you may have.
- To reset, go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset all Settings
- Remember to test VideoScribe before restoring your settings