This article shows you how to make one image change into another using the Morph feature in VideoScribe. Morphing can be used creatively to produce a multitude of different effects in your project.
Morph can be used to create many effects, see tips and tricks at the bottom of this guide for some more ideas! In this example we are going to move an image across the screen, change the image and also make it bigger so you can see a combination of effects.
Step 1. Add and arrange the first image and set the camera.
The first image is the 'morph from' image (A). I have moved it to the lower left corner of the canvas and made it a bit smaller.
With the image selected click the set camera icon (B).
Step 2. Add a second image to the canvas and set the camera.
This will be the 'morph to' image.
Place the second image where you would like the morphing image to finish (C). Move it a little to the right and make it larger.
With the second image still selected, click the set camera icon (D)
Step 3. Set the image properties of the first image to 'Outline'.
Open 'Image properties' for the first image by selecting it in the timeline and clicking 'Drawing Options' (E). Change the image from 'Full colour' to 'Outline' (F). Click the tick icon to save (G).
Step 4. Set the image properties of the second image to Morph.
Open the 'Drawing Options' for the second image, change the animate effect from 'Draw' to 'Morph' using the drop down menu (H).
Choose the first image from the options given under 'Morph from' (I). Check the 'Clear Item' box (J) to ensure the first image is not left behind.
Step 5. Adjust the animate time, select the tick to finish and then play your scribe.
You will now see in the preview that the first image is drawn then it morphs into the second image by moving across the screen, getting larger and changing into the new image.
Tips and tricks for morphing
- To morph in multiple stages, simply duplicate the second image and repeat the process with each image that comes afterwards.
- Morph two of the same image to move it across the screen or change it's size.
- Morph two different images to make one blend into the other.
- Morphing works best with simple lined SVG images.
- Morphing does not work on fill (coloured parts of an SVG).
- Morphing is not available for text elements.
- Morphing will not work well with imported JPG or PNG images and does not work on animated GIFs.
- Learn more advanced morphing techniques with this tutorial – VideoScribe Tutorial 4