Timing not always respected

•  I have a VideoScribe that essentially repeats the same 4 step process across 4 topics.  I use the same timing for each element of the process; but, for some reason the review results are not performed consistently.

While nominally the timings are the same, the actual playback timing is different for each topic. during preview.

I am attaching a "Scribe Log" that I've created to help with maintaining consistency,

I thought, perhaps, that it had something to do with the difference between pause and transition; but, reversing these values doesn't seem to help.

docx
  • Hi,

If you save your scribe online and tell support the name of it, or export the scribe file and attach it here, or provide a link to a youtube video... it may be easier for support or other users to understand the symptom you are describing.

Based on your document, it seems like each set should take 5 seconds to animate, 1.5 seconds for pauses and 3 seconds to move to the next camera location.
    However, I don't know how you have done your camera settings  and I don't know what you are seeing when you render the video or watch the preview/review.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Tom, Joe here from Sparkol support.

Generally the playback will match the timing settings on your Scribe.

There could possibly be an issue reading a particular element in the timeline causing a delay.

If you playback again, do you notice a slow down at a particular point in the scribe?
    Try removing this item and adding it again and check if there is a difference?

If you still have problems, you can raise a support ticket as Mike has suggested and we can take a look at the scribe if you save it online.

Thanks, Joe 

Login to post a comment