Zoom at end checkbox in another place

Implemented
  • Is it possible to give the 'zoom at end' box another place on the UI.

In the previous version it was on the preferences pane, which was Ok with me.

Now I first have to do a preview and sometimes have to be very quick to uncheck that box.

Maybe you can place that checkbox next to the timeline where you also set camera position, so it is always visible and accessible.

• VERY MUCH AGREED!

It took me quite a while to figure out where this featured disappeared to -- and as Toon pointed out, if you have a relatively short scribe, it's difficult if not impossible to un-check that behavior. Please put this option back on the main Preferences or Save Preferences screen in addition to the playback checkbox.

Speaking of which: Could you implement a way so that "Zoom at end" is turned off by default? My development colleagues and I never, ever use this feature -- and frankly find it distracting.

Thanks,

Jason

• thank you VS peeps for changing the location for the Zoom at End check box in 3.0! So much nicer to have it available at all times (not just when you are playing the scribe).

• I agree it should be off by default. Does anyone even use it?

• The idea is that you are drawing elements on a whiteboard and focused on the individual elements while drawing and the zoom at end feature allows you to reveal the 'big picture' at the end. Have a look at this video as an example https://youtu.be/GUHhS2OdIEs?list=PL941uNyvzPSFmdPN2xZDm1LSOZdAsaxZ4

However, if you aren't going to use that it would be useful to have the option to turn it off in the global settings.

This has been logged with our developers and will be considered for inclusion in a future update.

• Hello, this feature request is in the planning stage before development. Early plans are to move it to the user preferences area and default to off. We are looking to implement this in v3.1 of VideoScribe

• This has been done, it's still on the preview but it's also on the publish options as well so you can set it just as you start to render the video file.

Login to post a comment