VSG drawing in the wrong order

• I imported a .vsg file onto my wall. It's a file I created in Adobe Illustrator. It's text that reads "Rhudy & Co." (our company name) but it starts drawing the "&" sign before the rest of the text. Ideally, we'd like it to draw "Rhudy & Co." in way that is easy for viewers to read. Any suggestion?

• Hi Megan,

Thanks for your question.

VideoScribe draws an item in the order that the paths were created.

It sounds like the "&" is the first path.

It also depends on how you have created the SVG e.g. if you traced/scanned an image or manually created the paths.

We can take a look at the SVG file if you can attach it.

Thanks, Joe

• Hi Joe, thank you for your fast response! Our graphic designer created it so I'm not sure which order it was created in. The file is attached here.

Thanks!

• Hi,

This thread about preparing SVGs may be useful to your graphic designer: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000031362

-Mike (videoscribe user)

•  Megan,

Please try out the attach file to see if it is what you want. I just open it with notepad and move the first path down. I wish VideoScribe has a utility to rearrange the order. It took me a lot of time just for the ordering when I work on my image.

- Howard (videoscribe user)

• Oh, just find that Inkscape allow me to order different parts of the drawing by using the XML editor (Shift+Ctrl+X). Wish I have found it earlier

• Hi Megan, I just tried Howard's suggestion with your logo, and it worked really well. I've attached the edited file for you.

Login to post a comment