Morphing as shown in tutorial 4?

• Hello, in tutoriual 4 the setting "morph" works without changing the image's shape while morphing. The image stays exactly the same so that it looks like it would move. When I set morphing with the same properties as in the tutorial, the image is full of scribbled lines while morphing.

• during a morph, all stroked paths become 100% opaque black. everything else becomes transparent.

your image probably has transparent stroked paths that turn black when you use morph.

1) remove the transparent strokes in your SVG (and any color fills)
    2) if your SVG contains an embedded image, then it is not a good candidate for morphing. choose an SVG that contains only black stroked paths.
    3) or don't use morph

Hope that helps,
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

• Whatch this tutorial from 2:20 and you'll know what I mean. 
  • I know what you mean. Let me know if you didn't understand the answer I provided.

You can upload the image you are trying to morph if you want to know specifically what is wrong with it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Yes, you are right, I don't really understand. Here's the image I want to morphe. Do you have an idea how I can avoid the black lines scribbling over the image while morphing? I'd like to have it just moving, as shown in the video. Thank you.

svg
    (586 KB)
  • Hi Matthias,

Usually we have the transparent paths in the same layer of an SVG so it is easier to remove.

This one was in a layer so was not immediately visible.

Please find the attached SVG with the transparent path removed.

svg
  • thanks, Joe

• Hi Joe,

I am having the same problem as Mathias, but I have done everything you have said i.e. clearing any effects on the image.

I simply want to move (morph) a box like it was done with the mug, but I get funny lines on my image.

The box is a copied version of the original.

I have attached my scribe.  It is the moving of the last gift box in the timeline (note this is work in progress).

It would be great if you can assist.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jacques

• As described in previous replies, the gift box SVG contains a transparent scribbled path that becomes a visible black scribbled path when the image is morphed.

Using inkscape or Illustrator, you can open the SVG, select all, and then change the opacity of everything to 100% so you can see the transparent stroked path(s). Then  select and delete the scribble and resave with a new name. Be sure to use the new version in your scribe instead of the old version.  Or you could draw and use a new SVG that does not contain any transparent stroked paths.

I hope that helps,
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for the clarification. 

Apologies for my slow reply.  I have been very busy with VideoScribe and Inkscape. 

I have tried what you have suggested, even creating new images with no hidden stroke paths and while morphing it still distorted.  The requirement is also for coloured images to be used, which as you mentioned is not catered for. I have somehow convinced my client that this is a cool effect indicating a morph, luckily they fell for it, next time I might not be so lucky. It is definitely not as easy as I thought it would be.

Thank you again. 

Jacques 

• I'm having a problem with my canvas size when trying to use the mug morphing process as shown in Tutorial # 4. The mug is drawn properly but the colored mug slides in to view from the right without viewing the outlined mug.

• Hi Bob,

Please attach your .scribe file here, or save your work online and tell customer support the name of it if you want specific feedback on what you have done and what needs to be changed.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks Mike, Please let me know if I attached my test case correctly. This is the morph test I'm having a problem with.

• (EDIT:) I went back and watched the tutorial video earlier in the thread.

Hi Bob,

I see what you mean. It looks like you have everything set up correctly except for the camera positions .

1) You will want to use the plus and minus icons in the lower left corner of the canvas to zoom in or out until you can see both of your mug images at the same time

2) then click the thumbnail image for first element (in the timeline at the bottom of the screen) one time to select it. Then click the "set camera" icon

3) repeat step 2 for the second element and click "set camera"

If you did step 2 and 3 correctly, the camera should be set to the same location for both images and the morph should work the same way it did in the tutorial.

(I hope I explained that clearly enough. I tried to save the scribe with changes but videoscribe won't let me save it , possibly because I'm using and older version)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike,

My mug does not move across the canvas as it morphs from the outline to the colored mug. (like Jonny's tutorial-4) My mug moves in from off canvas. Maybe I don't understand how to adjust the canvas size.

Thanks,

Bob

Login to post a comment