Keyboard functions

•  It would be great to have common keyboard functions like copy/paste, grouping, use of arrow keys, zoom, etc.

Thanks!

• Hi Heather,

The keyboard shortcuts are as follows:

For Windows PC:

ctrl+a - select all elements

ctrl+c - copy

ctrl+v - paste

ctrl+p - preview scribe

ctrl+z - undo*

ctrl+y - redo*

ctrl+x - cut

ctrl+s - save

For Mac:

cmd+a - select all elements

cmd+c - copy

cmd+v - paste

cmd+p - preview scribe

cmd+z - undo*

cmd+y - redo*

cmd+x - cut

cmd+s - save

Arrow keys - if an element is selected will move that element if not will move canvas

delete - delete element

*Undo and redo only affect rotate, resize and move.

• I found by mistake a three button combination that allowed me to move text and images in much smaller steps than by using the arrow keys. I used this in an attempt to accurately align separate blocks of text as there is no left/right/up/down alignment procedure to my knowledge. However, I cannot now recall how I did it, maybe it does not work on my new laptop but that seems very unlikely. 

• I am not aware of a key combination to reduce the speed of the image movement when using the arrow keys. Shift makes it go quicker.

• I also have not come across any key combination that makes it move smaller distances.

However, I believe that the arrow key move distance does not scale with zooming so...
    you can zoom in (temporarily) to higher zoom percentages for finer adjustments to the positions of your images, then zoom back out to continue working on your scribe.

-Mike (vidoescribe user)

Login to post a comment