VideoScribe prevented me in shutting down Mac Book Air

• Hi 

After installing and running the paid for Video Scribe application on my Mac Book Air. My laptop crashed. The crash meant that I was unable to shut down either the Video Scribe application or my Mac Book Air. After many attempts I used the shell terminal for a hard shut down. Restarting my Mac was problematic and but I finally managed to uninstall the Video Scribe application but I am worried that I have somehow caused unseen damage to my hardware and am unsure if I would like to re install Video Scribe in the future. Please can you tell me if there is a previous version which you know is safe for me to use? Or if there is any thing which may have caused this issue my end. For example I may not have had enough memory for such a large application. But if this is so I can't see why shutting down and restarting would be so problematic. 

Thanks,

Emma Hart 

• Emma,

Sorry to hear VideoScribe has caused that issue for you. Can you confirm which version of the software you were using?

A number of our staff use the Mac Book Air as a company computer and use VideoScribe all the time and this is not something I have heard of before so doubt it's an issue with the software itself.

Different versions of the software can be downloaded from https://my.sparkol.com/versions and the latest version will be available on your my Sparkol homepage.

I'll turn this forum post into a support ticket for you so our team can take a closer look.

Cheers

Barry

Sparkol Support Team

Login to post a comment