publish problem

  • I have a scribe that works fine in canvas but when I publish the scribe it does not show some of my move in hands and in one scene it uses a hand that is not used.  I have tried to clear history and rename scribe saving to cloud and local drive and still the published version is different than the canvas version.  HELP!

  • I THINK that is a known bug in version 2.3 that should be fixed in version 2.3.1 (released yesterday). click "account" link at top of this page, to find the new download. (if 2.3.1 doesn't fix it, try 2.2.5)

    I think the bug has something to do with zero animation or transition time on one or more of the images in your scribe, but I'm not sure.

    related thread:

    Hope that helps,
    Mike (videoscribe user)


  • I have the same problem. Tried the new version, and nothing changed

  • Thanks,  One other person told me it had to do with zero animation time so I change all zero animation times to half sec and everything worked fine.  Thought you might want to know.  Best Regards, Dale

  • Thanks Mike,  I changed all zero animation times to half sec and everything worked fine.  Thought you might want to know.  Best Regards, Dale

  • great! Thank you for posting your results, dale!

    -Mike (videoscribe user)


  • I have narrowed the errant hand issue to not having a hand defined in the object having a 0.0 draw time for the object BEFORE the object that displays the errant hand when rendering.

    Object #1 - Cloud

        Draw Time: 0.0

        Hand: None Defined

    Object #2 - Text

         Move Time: 1.0

         Hand: Finger Slide or specific "No Hand"

    Preview - Works as expected

    Render  - The selected hand is replaced by a flat hand

    The fix:  Make sure that Object #1 has a "No Hand" defined  Then, the prescribed hand for Object #2 WILL show up correctly.

    Best Practice?  Always define a hand or specific "No Hand" for EVERY object.

  • Yes that matches the cause of the bug as described in the link I provided.

    I like your workaround better than the other workaround which is to not use any zero animate times.

    Sparkol anticipates this bug will be fixed with release 2.3.2

    -Mike (videoscribe user)


  • Thanks, Mike.  Because the bug relied on the object BEFORE the object it affected and did not show up in the preview but only happened in exporting, it was illusive to chase down.  It had not been an issue in earlier versions so my scribes were permeated with many new unexpected surprises.  :)

    Once I stumbled on the workaround it was easy to clean things up.  But, I will be happy when the real fix is implemented in an updated version.


  • Hi Guys, this is the next priority bug to fix! We've think we've cracked it and it's being coded/tested at the moment. Planned for release in v2.3.2 next month. 

    Just an FYI you can manually type in the draw time rather than using the +/- buttons and the minimum time value is 0.1sec. Can leave draw time as 0 as well if you need. Just needs to be something in one of draw, pause or transition for the specific hand setting to be picked up by the application (reverts to default without)

  • Great! Thanks for the new info, Barry.

    -M (V U)


  • Thanks, Barry!


Login to post a comment