What images would you like to see?

In Progress
  • Here you go, you can download these from here and them import them into VideoScribe - Import images

Please note... these are still VideoScribe Library images and are still subject to the same terms and conditions as covered in the Licence and user terms. Feel free to use them in VideoScribe to create videos but they cannot be used outside of VideoScribe.

svg
    svg
    svg
    svg
    svg
    svg
  • Thanks so much! This is very helpful! Can't wait for you to have more "group"
     images I can use for meetings and team purposes! The one you have with the group picketing cracks me up, with the guys on the left with his belly hanging out and his pants unbuttoned. Can't really use that in a work presentation. LOL

• Little edits like the ones above, or extending that shirt down are very easy to make if you spend a little time learning how. We have a 'create your own images' help page and there are some great forums with artists sharing tips on here too. 

There are even people out there who have created YouTube tutorials for Illustrator of Inkscape showing you how to make things for VideoScribe from scratch using a reference image - no drawing skills needed.

To edit the images above I just found them in the Library,  added them to the VideoScribe canvas, right-clicked on them and selected 'Export to SVG'. I then opened them in Illustrator (Inkscape is free and works just as well) selected the hair fills and updated the colour. 

Could easily remove the unbuttoned section of the trousers and extend the t-shirt down to tidy that image up a bit... so I have (attached).

Watching/reading about an hour of tutorials would allow you to start making your own images and/or tweak the ones we have in the library to meet your specific needs. 

Again... while you can export and tweak images they are still VideoScribe images and covered by the Licence and user terms so can only be used in VideoScribe to make videos.

svg
  • Thanks Barry! I am new to using videoscribe and had no idea I could do this! I will watch some tutorials. Thanks so much for teaching me how to fish!

• New images are available today and hopefully you'll all be very pleased with them. They tick a lot of boxes for a lot of the requests that have been made on this forum to date.

We've added 116 images of our characters interacting with each other (58 different images in full colour and highlight styles). These include business meetings, weddings, teachers with students and lots more.

You can find them spread across a number of folders as this new pack covers a number of subjects. Make sure you look in Business, Home and Family, Education, Health, Characters & Sport to find them all. We've put them in the front of each folder to make the easy to spot.

@John Yumul - There's a new Dr and Patient image included in the Health folder (we still plan to add more)
    @Roy Ramkissoon - There are a few more wedding options as well in Home and Family
    @Ryan Carlson - Certainly more diversity in this addition and some meeting/discussions in business settings with the same groups doing multiple things
    @Anej Demsar - People doing various activities is certainly covered here
    @Stephanie Fleishman - This is the start of the same characters appearing doing different things
    @Linnéa Sjögren - People meeting and certainly a fair amount of disability is covered in these additions
    @Loreal Greathouse - One person from each of these groups will be colour editable in VideoScribe.

• This is so great! Thank you Sparkol team!

• Perhaps I missed it, but there is no line image in the image library that allows you to change the color.  It seems like a rather simple thing to add, so could you please add it if it is not there?

Yes, I know that there are some lines in the image library, and I know that the color can be changed using "silhouette" or "outline."  However, outline adversely affects the thickness of the line, so that it is too thick for a long line, and silhouette causes the image to flicker a little on the rendering sometimes.

• I know this has been asked for in the past and yet still does not exist. Could you please add some non-binary people to the images? It would be great if there were a few to choose from.  As an instructor I would like my scribes not to reinforce gender binaries and this is one important way to do it. Thanks

• @Benjamin - The colour change images will change the colour of image fills, not the strokes themselves. Lines are stroke only images so the current colour change functionality would not support this and you need to switch to 'Outline' within the colour effects of the image properties to do this. I have just tested this (v3.5.2-17 of VideoScribe) by putting a couple of different straight lines on the canvas (one horizontal, one diagonal). I've copied them and pasted a copy of each directly over the top of it's duplicate. I left one of them black (Full Colour), and changed one to pink (Outline) and I cannot see any of one when it's beind another, even when I change their order to put the other on top. I've also resized each to make them at least 100% bigger. They do get thinker as you expand them, but they both do, it's nothing to do with the colour effect mode you have selected.

@Lisa - Thanks for the suggestion. That's the first mention of that request here, although I have found an older request elsewhere. I'll add this into the list of potential things to add so the team here can discuss and prioritise it amongst the other things we are working on.

• @Benjamin - one option for you that I have just thought of. If the slight change in thickness as you expand is an issue just make multiple copies and position them to make a longer line. They will paste on top of each other and then just select the one you want to move and use the arrows on the keyboard to move up/down/right/left, that will mean they still nicely line up as long as you have a straight line! Change the colour before you copy/paste and the new settings will copy with the line as well.

• Hi,

would it be possible to have more history characters please?

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to receive a report with all the tags associated to each image, for searching purposes?

Thank you.

• Hello Ivan, Thanks for the suggestion. I can add a request to the board for historical characters to add to what we already have in the History folder, anything specific you would like to see or just a broad range? Any suggestions of historical characters you would like from from anyone else as well?

In terms of the report on tags there are well over 6,500 images in the library now and each have a good number of tag values so that would be a hefty report and not something we even run off for ourselves! If you are ever looking for something and can't find it you can post here and we can give you a pointer and also add your search term to any applicable images to make them easier to find. We do try hard to cover everything but we may miss a tag option from time to time.

• We've added a third and final (for now) installment into the Concepts and Metaphors pack today which includes things to represent "over time"/"long-term"/"in the long run" as requested by Linnéa Sjögren earlier in this forum.

Here's a video showing some of the new options, these 119 new images take the total in that folder to 220.

• Hi Barry,

nothing specific - I just would like to have a broader range. I was looking at this YouTube channel and it seems to show some history characters that are not present in the library, so I was just wondering where those come from? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1mFW0Nibo8d6eh9_abm31w/videos

• I'm making educational videos for teenagers. However, I find most characters in the library quite boring and unsuited for making fresh movies for teenagers. I would love to have some characters with a cartoonlike quality. 

Login to post a comment