Option to morph multiple tiles concurrently

• Hi,

I was wondering if there is an option to morph multiple tiles at the same time? If not, might this be considered something to be brought in with a future update? I think it would be great to move separate images in different directions at the same time.

Thanks,

Joe

• Currently only one way to morph multiple items in different directions:

1) make your beginning SVG with all of your vector  items in their starting positions
    2) carefully move the items to their ending positions (no cutting or pasting or deleting or adding points) and save the file with a new name as your ending SVG.
    3) morph from the first on to the last one

(notes: use only black, basic stroked paths. You can't add or remove any points because that will mess up the morph, but you can scale  things. rotating things probably won't look good.)

You could make an animated gif instead, but it might be more difficult or use more memory or look less clean.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify - do you mean I should make this in photoshop or something and then import? Also, what if each different part of the SVG looks identical (I'm making football tactics video and I wanted to be able to move little dots representing players at the same time).

Joe

• For steps 1 and 2 in my previous reply: I would recommend using inkscape or adobe illustrator to make your SVGs because they have been tested and are known to be able to make SVGs that will work in Videoscribe. if you use other programs then the testing and results are sort of up to you.

(Step 3 would be setting up your morph in videoscribe.)

If you are not already familiar with vector art and making SVGs , i would recommend starting with VERY simple svgs (for example, just 2 simple black lines or squiggles in the beginning SVG and then the same 2 lines or squiggles in slightly different locations in the ending SVG) so you can do a little testing and make sure your morph works correctly before you try the more complicated ones.

if you run into trouble making SVGs: Making SVG Images Draw Well (2015 update)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thank you, Mike. I'll give this a try!

Best,

Joe

Login to post a comment