Line/outline drawing problems

• Hello,

I am very new to Videoscribe, and need some help.

I'm planning on making children's colouring in video's, I have taught myself how to use Inkscape.

My problem is when I import my images to Video scribe each image begins with drawing out two thin lines as an outline to my image, rather than one thick line as in the original image.

I've attached two screen shots.

I'm finding images on Google to use, and converting them to SVG images, so I'm not sure if this is the problem?

• In inkscape, the simplest method is probably to use the pen or pencil tool to manually draw or trace your art with a basic stroked path.  (Then, if you have an embedded raster image, you can delete it before you save your SVG.)

(If you use the paintbrush tool or any tapered styles or other effects, or if you use an autotracing option, you may not get the results you want in videoscribe. With any of those methods, videoscribe handles the art as filled paths instead of stroked paths. You will have to take extra steps in the creation of your SVG to compensate for the styles and effects. You will have to add transparent stroked paths to help videoscribe reveal the art in a pleasing manner:  http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000012336 )

My recommendation is to start over and make a simple drawing like a smiley face or a stick figure using the pencil or pen tool and a simple stroked path with no styles or effect applied to it. Then test it in videoscribe. Once you have successfully made an SVG with the correct tools, you can go back and fix or redo your parrot.

If you make another SVG and still have a problem, attach the SVG here.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• What is the best way to compress images down to below 300 kb for Videoscribe?

• (Simple vector SVG images usually work best, and there are already some pinned threads about making SVG images. If you are comfortable making SVG images, they will give you the best results.)

For jpg or png images, if your image dimensions are larger than the dimensions of the final video, then you should probably start by scaling down the image size so that it is an appropriate size similar to the size it will appear in the finished video. For image editing and optimizing, there are too many possible programs and methods to list here. Look for web tutorials that explain how to resize image using your specific image editing program. Then use a web search to find instructions for optimizing images using that software.

If you do not have any software, GIMP is available for free at gimp.org and their tutorials are on their website, and on youtube I believe.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment