EquationSVGEditor

• Hi Kevin,

I would suspect a certain company setting in windows 10, which one I don't know, they might use a white list for programs as you don't  have anti virus nor defender running.  The ICT department can probably tell you.

Glad that you got is working.

Otto

• Hi,

I want to change the font style in (I want to use a script font instead of the default font). How do I do ? Please help me if you can. Thank you in advance.

•  Hi DBBA Family,

when you want an other font as main font you click on "change font" and select an other font. What you will notice is that there are no other fonts directly available. So you will need to create a font. To do this click on "font editor", located in the top right. This will open font editor window. There are three buttons, load font set, to read an  existing font set from the drive. Import font to convert an existing windows font to a font usable by this program, and load all font set to read all used fonts (at my new laptop it does not work, I'll fix that, but you don 't need that option anyhow).

As you want to to use an existing windows font press "Import font". Select from the list the font you want to import. Sometimes this returns an error, but most of the time this goes well (if you get an error, close the program and start it again). Select e.g. script (or segoe script) (font style, size and effects are not used, but shown by this standard windows window) and press OK.

You see that the bottom block is filled with available characters and when you click on a character it is shown in the main window. You also notice that each character is build from curves. When you click on a curve you will see where it is in the character. You will also notice that the characters are not spot on, but approximated. Most window fonts are outline fonts and not stroke fonts, that is why it is approximated (will change in the next version to get it spot on). To see how the character is drawn you need to press the 'play' button, located to the right of the block of characters. You will notice that most of the time the drawing is not what you want. To correct this you need to reorder the curves. To reorder the curves, select a curve, or select multiple curves in the list and drag them to a new position in the same list. Regretfully you need to do this for each character, and that is why I did not add extra fonts. I can image that you want to reposition curves as well. To do that select a curve in the main window (click on it) and control points appear that can be dragged around. (hold shift down if you want to limit movement). If you want to really create you own characters, you can also delete all curves and start adding curves (right click to get these options).

Once you edited all characters you can save you work into a font. Use save as or save. I save the font as soon as I have a character finished, change the next character and save again. (I don't like the change of loosing my work caused by an unknown bug... even in my own created programs).

When you press save as, you have to tell where to save it. I suggest to use the subdirectory of the program called "UserLetterSets" and give it a recognizable name, e.g. sript or myscript or testscript, etc.

Once you are done creating the font you close the fonteditor by clicking on the 'X' or 'hide font editor', it is the same.

Back in the main window select 'change font', go to the directory you save your font and select that font. Every you type should now appear in that font. Keep in mind when you close the program and start it again the font will have changed back to the original font, so you need to press change font again to change it.

Hope this will help you in using your own font.

If it is too much time consuming work, do let me know which windows script font you want to use and I'll see that I convert it for you. In that case send me an email at the gmail address.

Otto

• Dear all!

I downloaded the software, but I can't input Square roots, so how can I do so?

• Dear Whitboard Cabin,

when you start equationSVGEditor your screen is rather empty with a blinking cursor in a rectangular box.  You can type letters etc. Under the row containing "New  Load Save etc" buttons, there are two rows with all kind of symbols (similar to the mathtype you might have in word). When your mouse is over one of them, the name of the collection of symbols is shown in the bottom of the application. The top left is called Relational_Symbols. When you go to the second row, second collection, named "FractionandRadicalTemplate", 10 items become visible, items number 7 and 8 are square roots. Clicking on number 7 adds a square root, which you can fill.  In that way you can build up an expression.

An alternative is to use the latex editor. When you click on the latex editor button (almost the top right one), it opens an editor where you can type your latex commands (e.g. "\sqrt{9}=3"), and click on add expression. If you work with latex more often, importing a latex file might also be an option.

Did this solve your issue?

Login to post a comment