What languages and fonts would you like to see?

In Progress
  • Any chance of getting any of these from the link?

https://fonts.google.com/?subset=malayalam

• Hi everyone!

We're excited to say that we've been doing some testing to improve Arabic text. 

We're looking for a small group of beta testers who are native speakers to put the new version to the test. 

You'll need to be a Pro user and will be asked to provide us feedback so we can ensure that it works well when we release it to the VideoScribe community. 

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, send an email to research@sparkol.com telling us why you'd like to be involved and we'll get in touch with a few lucky people! 

Thanks so much and we look forward to hearing from you!

(Ps. We're working on Hindi text updates too- so that will come shortly!) 

• Get Me 方正楷体 Simplified Chinese Please!

Is free for commercial use.

• Only requests for Google fonts/languages can be considered.

• Dear team, Please do consider adding Shadows Into Light Two, it’s one of the GoogleFonts. I have seen few scribes with this font and it made those scribes attractive.
  • Hi Team,

I am not sure why this font, Sue Ellen Francisco, is not part of video scribe... Everyone I met using videoscribe thinks it's one of the best of white board animation videos. Sue Ellen FranciscoSue Ellen Francisco

• Hi again! 

I'm back to say that we've now made some improvements to our Hindi text and we're looking at getting some beta testers on board to try it out.

We're looking for a small group of beta testers who are native speakers to put the new version to the test. 

You'll be asked to provide us feedback so we can make sure that it works well when we release it! 

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, send an email to research@sparkol.com.

We are also still looking for testers to try out Arabic text too- so if you're a native speaker and want to get involved, please do get in touch.

Thanks!

• Please let us add our own fonts. There are so many fonts which I want to take it from TV Shows, Movies and many more. 

• @Aditya Tiwari - Please see the FAQs in the original forum posts for details on why we are not going to support other fonts
  • Hey Everyone, I thought it might be nice to illustrate the difference in quality between what we had, and the change in v3.6 to Google Fonts. 

Below is a screenshot of VideoScribe, to make this project I have:

1. Created this project in v3.5.2 and added the top line of text using Londrina Solid. 
    2. I have then opened the same project with the newest version of VideoScribe (v3.8.500) and added the second line of text using the new font system, and the same font
    3. I have rezised the elements manually to make them as close to the same size as I can.

(right click, open image in new tab to see image at full size)

Even at this level of zoom the quality difference is massive. The bottom line is very sharp where as the top layer looks blurred. Also the kerning is off in the top example, you can see the space betweek the n and a in Londrina is too big, as is the space between S and T in TEST.

If you have a smaller line of text and want to fill the screen with that (so the text is bigger) the quality difference becomes even larger. If you just wanted the v3.6 TEST on the screen you can see the difference below

(right click, open image in new tab to see image at full size)

This is an improvement for everyone, if you add to that the millions of people who speak Arabic, Chinese, Japanese & Korean (and soon to add Hindi) then there is a lot of good to come from this change. 

We would have loved to have found a way to import any font automatically at this quality level but there are too many variables so they need to be manually checked and tweaked each time and we still firmly believe choosing quality of output and quantity of languages is more important that supporting every font ever. 

I have attached the scribe file for these screenshots below so you can download it and take a look for yourself if you'd like (must be using at least v3.8.500 of VideoScribe).

• Hi there, 

please consider adding Fira Sans (Fira Sans - Google Fonts). 

Thanks

• Hi, 

I had an older version of Videoscribe and recent updated to the v3.8.

I was using the Videoscribe BASIC font, Indieflower, Lindsey Pro Regular and Freestyle Script. 

Is it possible to use these fonts on the new version?

I really want to keep my videos streamlined within a particular brand.

Thanks!

Sarah

• We have a help page that covers the use of historic fonts - https://support.sparkol.com/knowledge/historic-fonts-in-videoscribe

• The best thing as a company is to bring the option back where we can upload our own font.
    If the quality of the font is not good, It is not your issue. We are not going to blame you.

Meantime, you can slowly implement all Google fonts for many years to come.

What can we do, if we can't use the paid software. We are just trying to find a workaround.
    But you guys have taken the best option out.

Just see how many people are complaining

Login to post a comment