Animated GIF issue

• I have added an animated GIF to my video and the GIF background is a slightly different colour than the VideoScibe background, even though they are the same hex#. I resaved my GIF without a background, however when I put it into a video the GIF layers all show. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to solve this problem?

mov
    mov
  • VideoScribe does not support GIFs with a transparent background so you need to make sure you have a background on your GIF. 

Once you've added it to the file you can use the 'Multiply' setting to remove it in VideoScribe if you do not want to see it but the application does need one to be there in the first place to process the GIF correctly. 

For more detail on this please have a look at our Using animated GIFs

If you have further questions, raise a ticket with the support team

• Hi Hayley, thank you for you advice. My GIFs are set to 'Multiply' and I am still seeing the background.  I will raise a ticket with the support team.

Thanks again

•  That's probably because you have a background color in your GIF. if you change the GIF background color to WHITE and use multiply, you should no longer see the background.

• Hi Mike my background colour is white and the same hex value white as the VideoScribe background.
  •  sorry about that. my browser would not play the MOV files, so i had not examined them.

but then I downloaded the discoloration videoand played it in an external player and I cannot see a discoloration. I also took a screenshot from the video and used the eyedropper tool in photoshop to check the colors and I do not see the discoloration you mentioned.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the discoloration?

Is it possibly ghosting or a refresh problem caused by the video player or monitor you are using?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Mike,

I really appreciate you spending time on this, thank you.

Attached is a screenshot of my video as you can see there are two faint squares around the two paper airplanes.

•  Thanks. I see the discoloration now, if I adjust the brightness and contrast of the image.

I have found that I can also see it in Windows Movie Player but not in VLC media player. Perhaps VLC is modifying the output.

So at least I can confirm that I am seeing the same problem on my machine that you are seeing on yours, and the problem is most likely either being created in videoscribe, or it is in the animated GIF.

Is it a GIF from the videoscribe library or is it a GIF that you imported?

Are you able to attach the GIF here for further examination?

Regards,

Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Mike,

I imported the GIF. I created it on an iPad in Procreate. I've attached to GiF.

Best

Karyn

•  Thanks for attaching the GIF.

Alas! The gif opens in photoshop with a background color of #f9f9f9 (discolored white) instead of #ffffff (pure white). So it appears that the problem is in the GIF.

Regards,

Mike

• Thanks again, I tried changing the VideoScribe background to #f9f9f9 but I still see the GIF outline, I also tried changing the background colour to see if the multiply option would work but no luck. I'm heading to see if I can find and answers on the Procreate forum.

Have a great weekend, 

•  Hi,

You may have misunderstood.

As I explained, your GIF background color was already #f9f9f9 (which is not pure white) and that is the problem.

You have to change it to #FFFFF if you want it to match the white canvas in videoscribe.

•  OOPS!  no, I misunderstood. You tried changing the videoscribe background to match the GIF color. now I understand.

Hope you are able to sort it out

•  How's this?

• Mike this is AWESOME!!! how did you manage to whiten the background? I've been trying to do it in PS and failed miserably.

Thank you!!

Login to post a comment