VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Voiceover going out of sync after rendering scribe!?

Hi,

With a deadline looming I've finished my scribe and everything looks good. I've saved it locally and in my VideoScribe cloud.

But when I render the video it's fine right until the last 45 seconds.(The scribe is 4:45 long.) Then the voiceover goes out of sync spoiling it.

I've tried changing the file name slightly which didn't work.

I've tried saving as .mov and .wmf and both have the same problem.

I'm changing the file name altogether to see if that works.

any ideas on this as soon as possible please?

Richard

Hi again,

I've just finished saving the scribe as a totally different file name. Done the rendering and I'm having the same problem at the same time on the video. The voiceover is sort of hiccuping. It's finishing all the drawings but the voiceover is being cut.

It's not as though a could send my client the .mov file as it is this that has the error and not when I upload to YouTube.

Please help asap!

Richard

Hi Richard,

I am just looking at your scribe now - what size did you publish at? Or did that not make any difference?

Andy

Hi Andy,

To start with, I'm working on a Mac.

I didn't notice to start with and saved it as a Windows WMV file at 640 - that had the error near the end.

Then saved at 720(Standard HD) Quicktime MOV. Same problem.

I was on the webinar yesterday - was there something about you rendering files at your end?

I appreciate you looking into this. I wondered whether to go back from version 2.0 to the previous one to get the job done on time!?

Best wishes, Richard

Hi,

I'd suggest these 4 tips:
"5) If you have a music track and an audio track, and your audio seems to be skipping, make sure that you select the "loop music" option for the music soundtrack (on the music selection menu)

6) (EDIT: I see you are using 2.0 so this tip probably does not apply to your case) If you are using version 1.3.30, 1.3.31 or 1.3.32 of videoscribe, you may be experiencing one of several bugs which can be resolved by uninstalling the newer version of videoscribe and installing version 1.3.26(or  version 2.0 or whatever version is currently on the download page) https://my.sparkol.com/versions

14) if you have more than one video player installed or third-party codecs, they may cause one or more of the players to have playback problems. Try playing your videoscribe video in a different player. Users have reported that a new MOV stuttered in quicktime player but played properly in realtime player or vice-versa.

(Have you tried uploading to youtube? if the problem disappears when you upload to youtube, you can probably assume it was a problem with your player or installed codecs)

15) some users have reported problems with mp3 files that were saved with bitrates of 128 or lower. Try saving your mp3 with a bitrate of 256 or 320

From this thread of known symptoms and solutions: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000023756

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your tips.

I'll work through them and let you know. (I don't think I looped the music track to start with!)

Richard

Hi Richard,

Having done some investigation I can confirm that looping the soundtrack will solve this problem.

This was a bug in a previous version of VideoScribe that seems to have arisen again and we will get it investigated as soon as possible.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy and Mike,

Thank you very much for your tips - very much appreciated. (It's been a stressful afternoon!!!!)

It looks like I didn't loop the music and since I have it seems to have solved it.

A million thanks to you both!!!!!

Richard

Hello,

My audio also goes out of sync when I export the scribe (.mov or  youtube). I have both music (looped) and a voiceover. I timed every animation perfectly so that it corresponds to the voiceover but when I export it the animations seem to go faster so they lose sync with the voiceover and the voiceover is cut earlier at the end of the video.

I've tried everything in this thread, does anybody have any idea what could be happening??

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Luiza

Hi Luiza,

It may be that there is a certain image causing this (the image may be too large or corrupted in some way and VideoScribe is having trouble reading it) or you may have a number of elements that have a zero animate time - this can also throw the timings off.

If you would like the support team to take a look at the scribe for you save it to your online directory (cloud icon) and let us know the name.

Thank you Matthew!

I'll check for both of those things, but its hard to know which image is corrupted. Could you help me find that? I have two small scribes that I will later put together as one video. You can tell the difference in timing by watching it on scribe and then as an exported video. I've saved them in the cloude: Helim 1/2 and Helim 2/2.

Thank you so much!! 

Hi Luiza, your question has been raised as a Support Ticket and we will update you there.

Comments to this discussion are now closed!