VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Intersecting lines appearing in SVG

I have created SVG's using the pencil tool in Illustrator. When I import them to VideoScribe the points where the lines intersect appears before that section is drawn. Is there any way to avoid this? I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

I'm only using the trial version so this may be a limitation.

Thanks

1 person has this question

But it does completely render the image before it draws, which is why the crossing lines show up in a my text SVG.

Dave Edwards

And that change in the image after it's been drawn is AWFUL. They should really fix that instead of trying to figure out ways for their users to fix it on their own. It looks really bad.

My point has always been keep the vectors, vectors, etc. - drawn in order. Bitmaps could have their own reveal lines by using the opacity 0% lines on the same layer as the bitmap. Once the changes are made available, users will be able to figure out how to use them, instead of all these workarounds.

Draw lines that overlap and create intersections as layers and save as separate sag files. A bit fiddly to realign in VS, but it gets rid of the blips.

Hi Jerry,
if you are referring to the symptom described in the original post and shown in the jpg image in the original post, then just use the correct save options. There is no need to break an image into multiple SVGs to solve that symptom. (review this thread for more detailed explanation.)

if you are referring to different colors overlapping, there are a variety of options.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I've tried all of those options and I still get the intersections, where small bits of black are drawn in the blue.

Attached is the svg with both blue and black lines. Also attached is a screenshot showing the black intersections.

Hi Jerry,
that is not the symptom described in the original post (notice in the original post that the lines are all the same color and that intersecting lines actually stick out from the line being drawn).

The appearance of overlapping colors is a different issue (that is not considered to be a bug). I believe you are correct, that separate SVGs are probably the best solution for the example you provided.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I still believe the best solution would be to simply draw the vectors as is and not as a reveal of the final image.

Login to post a comment