Constantly bugging out. My project seems to be ruined now

• As much as I love the program, it's seriously buggy. It should be in alpha-beta stage to be honest.

There are serious crashes all the time and now it seems my entire project is ruined. I have a backup but many hours are lost.

The problem is, the project loads but there is NOTHING in the bottom bar where everything usually is...So I can't change anything.

I tried resaving it under a different name to no avail.

• Most likely oversize image files , excessive camera settings, too many images, or possibly font issues causing an out-of-memory error and resulting in corrupted elements in your scribe.

deleting the last few elements that you added might temporarily fix the problem, but if your images are too big or of your scribe is longer than 10 or 15 minutes you will probably see the problem again.

related thread with something else you can try: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000038449

You could save the scribe online (to the cloud) and tell support the name of it if you want more specific feedback.

Or to identify and correct problems in your own scribe: TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

-Mike (videoscribe user)
  • This has affected me too. I did resolve it by deleting some extra fonts I had installed and deleting some text I'd recently added.

This DOES bring up a question about resolution though. As I've asked in another thread, since SVGs are vector, why does the "resolution" affect performance? What size should I be building the SVGs for best performance and what zoom levels should I stay within? I easily lose track of these factors as I work in VideoScribe.

P.S. Is anyone else receiving an error screen after posting a message on the forum? It says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about theis issue and we'll take a look at it shortly." It's been happening for about 3 days now.

• Ok, I think I've fixed the "PS" problem. Trashed browser cookies from the last week. Seems to have fixed it.

•  I've gotten that browser error before. and several other errors that occur only on this forum and on no other sites.

1) my posts and replies usually do not appear after submitting until I refresh the page again.

2) I cannot copy and paste text within the body of my posts when I write them. I also cannot copy and paste text from other threads into a new post. It will work if I first paste it into another document or into the google search bar and then RE-copy it to paste it into my post... for some reason. Otherwise it just won't paste. I can select and drag text though.

(I use firefox, so maybe the issue is linked to my browser and the way it handles the clipboard, but as I said, the problem does not occur on any other sites.)

3) font changes and font size changes sometimes when moving or pasting text

4) font styles like "bold" do not always preview correctly.

5) The removal of our ability to edit posts is a pain in the neck.

-Mike (videoscrube user)

• Sorry if you have lost your timeline.

It could be a corrupt image or an issue with a text character VideoScribe cannot 

convert,

Please raise a support ticket and save a copy of the scribe to the Cloud and we can investigate.

Login to post a comment