VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Adding slides

The beginners video just shows how to make one slide, however how do you make more than one to make one big video? I want to make the pictures and text on the first page to disappear after it is done and then I want new information to popup. How should I do this?

Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!

3 people have this question
Hi,
1) add one element (an image or text)
2) with the element still selected, click the "set camera" icon in the lower right corner to save the camera position for that element. (also scale, reposition, or otherwise manipulate the element as desired)
3) click and drag somewhere on the canvas to move the canvas along with all existing elements until you get to a new blank part of the canvas.
4) add another element.
5) repeat steps 2-4 until you are finished

Also, there are more videos on the instant answers page

Hope that helps,
Mike (videoscribe user)

The beginners video just shows how to make one slide, however how do you make more than one to make one big video? I want to make the pictures and text on the first page to disappear after it is done and then I want new information to popup. How should I do this?

I have this question as well but the answer above did not help me.

You don't make more than one slide as you would with powerpoint.
With videoscribe, you just move the camera to an empty space on the whiteboard (which is huge) each time you want to add more drawings or words.
The process is described in my previous post.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Imagine the white space you see when you open a new blank project as a tiny fraction of the space you have available, it's just the very top left corner of a infinitely large whiteboard!

So to the right and below what you see you can go on forever! So simply drag the page around by clicking and holding the mouse on a blank space are pulling the paper around. 

I wish there are sample videos that demonstrate this. I know exactly what the previous people been asking about having new slides.

I couldn't find the answer yet! I am using a Mac , and  I can get images and text on the canvas. But if i want to open a new canvas, I don't know how to do that!?? - Just like in power point, if you want to have many slides. 

ALSO, sometimes, I have difficulties moving images or text to another spot on the canvas. 

HELP PLEASE!

Thank you

Hi,
There are no slides. There are no slides. There are no slides. Please set yourself free from the idea of having slides in videoscribe.

Videoscribe has ONE huge canvas. You can only see a small area of that canvas at any time. After you add some elements to the part of the canvas that you can see, if you want a new clean area to add more images, you just click and drag the canvas (you should have no images or text selected when doing this) to move to a new empty spot. OR you can use the arrow icons in the lower left corner of the canvas (with no images or text selected) to move the canvas.

That process is shown in the "bootcamp session 2 video (on the INSTANT ANSWERS page) starting at about the 18 second mark:

It is probably also shown in other videos.

to move any other element, select it by clicking on it and then click and drag it (or use the arrow icons in the lower left corner of the canvas.  That process is also shown in the tutorial and bootcamp videos.

(to deselect all images and text, just click on a blank part of the canvas that is not covered by any images or text or bounding boxes for any images or text.)

Hope that helps!

-Mike (videoscribe user)

We've put a new video up about Setting the camera to create scenes. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Login to post a comment