When you open VideoScribe it connects to our servers to verify your account. In most cases this issue occurs when VideoScribe is unable to do this.
If you see the error message ‘Without an internet connection you can only log in with your last used details’ or ‘To use offline mode, you must first log in online on this device’ follow the steps below.
Step 1. One of the following actions normally solves this problem
- Try again with a stronger internet connection
- Reboot your computer and try again
If the issue persists, check the following:
Step 2. Check your TLS settings - Windows users
If you’re on a Windows computer, check your internet settings to ensure that TLS (Transport Layer Security) is enabled:
- Enter Internet options via Control Panel
- Click ‘Tools’/cog symbol and then ‘Internet Options’
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Scroll down and ensure that all of the ‘Use TLS x.x’ options are enabled
- Click OK/Apply
Once you've done this, please close and reload both your internet browser and VideoScribe.
Step 3. Check your internet connection
- Is your computer connected to the internet?
- Are you in offline mode by accident?
- Make sure that your modem and wireless transmitter (if using) are both working. You can reset them by turning them off and on again.
Step 4. Check your security settings
A firewall may be blocking VideoScribe; if possible, add VideoScribe to the firewall exceptions list.
If someone else is responsible for the computer network, at school or at home for example, extra security may be blocking VideoScribe. Check with them how to install new software.
Step 5. Check your permissions
Do you have admin rights to install new software on your computer?
If someone else is responsible for the computer network – at school or at home for example – you may need to check with them that you can install new software.
If you've taken these steps and are still experiencing issues, please contact our support team directly.