This page takes you through some key information and FAQs about the VideoScribe free trial
Your 7-day free trial begins the first time you log in to the VideoScribe software on your computer. The same VideoScribe software is available for both Free Trial and Pro users. You will need to download and install this for your Windows PC or Mac OS.
The free trial grants you access to most of VideoScribe’s features, but there are a few restrictions and differences between the trial and the full subscription product:
- You can publish locally in .mov and .wmv formats up to 640 resolution
- You can publish your completed project to Vimeo and PowerPoint during the trial
- Publishing to sho.co is not available until you have a subscription
- All published videos will carry a VideoScribe watermark
- You cannot access premium images, these are an additional cost even with a subscription but we cannot charge you for them until you have a paid account
- You cannot work offline or use the trial on multiple computers
- You do not have video resale rights as a trial user
For more details please see our compare VideoScribe licence features help page.
At the end of your trial
We do not take any payment details during the free trial and you are under no obligation to buy VideoScribe afterwards.
Make sure you publish your scribes to videos before your trial runs out because you will not be able to access them when the free trial ends. To continue working on your scribes you must get the full version of VideoScribe.
We have a number of payment plans available so you can decide which is the best option for you depending on how long you think you will need access to VideoScribe for. There is no minimum contract so you can cancel any time after the first payment to stop the payment plan from renewing automatically at the end of the month/year.
There is no need to create a new account when you upgrade – please use the same login details that you used for your free trial. That way all the projects you created during your free trial will still be available for you.