QUESTION: What is the best way to make SVG images that draw properly in VideoScribe? ANSWER: I believe the tips below will help you get the best results with the fewest problems (such as improperly drawn images, visual glitches, interface and timeline problems, slow downs, freezing, crashing or failure to save, load, or render). Some terms or phrasing used in this thread may be slightly different among various versions of inkscape or illustrator.
TIP 0) If you want the simplest method for making SVG images for VideoScribe, here it is:
- Use inkscape or Illustrator. If you use other programs you will probably have unexpected results.
- Use the pen tool or the pencil tool to create BASIC stroked paths with no styles, no masks, no paintbrush tool, no calligraphy pen, no effects of any kind.
- If you use the pen tool, please click&drag when you create each point (instead of just clicking) so that the control handles for each point will be extended and the paths will draw more smoothly.
- Delete any extra layers or other parts that will not be drawn (instead of just hiding them) before you save your SVG for videoscribe.
- If you use a version of inkscape or Illustrator created after 2012, see TIP 7 later in this thread for information about the best save settings to prevent glitches.
- Use "SAVE AS... SVG". Don't "Export for web".
That's all you really need to know if you want to keep it simple!
(Continue reading for more complex techniques) -Mike (videoscribe user)
With the arrival of v3.6 of VideoScribe, we have a whole new text and font system with more supported languages than ever before and inbuilt Google fonts... Find out more about this here. This is just the start and we are keen to add to the range of fonts and languages available. We would love input on this from Scribers all over the world so please comment below with your suggestions and the more detail you can provide on why the font or language you need would be useful, the better! Over to you...
It's been a few months since we added our last batch of new images so we thought we would open a post for people to add their ideas for images they would like to see. Let us know and we'll do our best to include them in the next time we include images in a VideoScribe release.
Hello VideoScribers! A little reveal about a new feature dropping soon in v3.4 of VideoScribe. We are making templates of various styles, designs and on a range of subjects. They will be aimed at different levels of VideoScribe technical ability and showcase a whole host of techniques to make a great video. So it doesn't matter if you are a beginner or a seasoned pro there will be something that will interest you. We will be building on the initial template set and, as always, we value your input. Please let us know what templates would be useful to you and we'll see what our creative team can do. We look forward to hearing from you. Barry Support Manager @ Sparkol