Some offices and schools have network, security and permission restrictions that will affect the installation and use of new software. This information will enable network administrators to make any changes need to allow the software to run correctly.
To use VideoScribe you will need to be able to connect securely (https://) to the following domains either directly or via a proxy:
- Subdomains of sparkol.com (e.g. www.sparkol.com) on port 80. In future, we will also use port 443.
- sparkol-share.s3.amazonaws.com (port 80/443)
- s3.amazonaws.com (port 80/443)
File save location
Users will need to be able to save files in the local AppData folder in: C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming
You will need to ensure that the users profile is configured to point to this folder location.
- If you are using a proxy, please check if there are any limits on size of uploads as this may affect saving files online
- In Windows, VideoScribe should use the proxy server settings from Internet Explorer
- If you are able to connect to the relevant domains with Internet Explorer without having to enter credentials, VideoScribe should work
- You may need to add the VideoScribe application as an exception on any antivirus or firewall software
- An administrator may need to install VideoScribe