I have saved version after version including saving it online and locally.
I've named each save *****8, ******9, ******10 etc up to 18.
I've gone onto Videoscribe and the biggest is ******7. I have even exported the 'final' version.
So where did they all go?!
It sounds like it might not be completing the save. Is there any indication that it's saved successfully before you move on?
(I only use the desktop version of the software, so some things may be different in the ipad version)
1) If you saved them online instead of locally then they are in the online folder instead of the local folder.
2) if there are too many scribes to show on one screen, you may have to scroll through them to see the rest of them.
3) If you ran out of memory on your device then new files may not finish saving.
4) videoscribe does not currently have a way to delete scribes from your ipad except by uninstalling the app.
-Mike (videoscribe user)
Every time it has said it has saved.
1) If you saved them online instead of locally then they are in the online folder instead of the local folder. - Looked, same problem
2) if there are too many scribes to show on one screen, you may have to scroll through them to see the rest of them. - nope
3) If you ran out of memory on your device then new files may not finish saving. - nope lots of GB left
If they didn't save, how can the last saved version exported fully?
(To answer your question "If they didn't save, how can the last saved version exported fully?": Exporting a video is one thing, saving your work is a separate thing,
so it is possible to do one of those things wrong, or to not know where you are saving or to overwrite a previous file... or to just save to the autosave backup file)
I can't see any of this.
If I've been saving 'over' surely my last save is the last version?
How did it export?
Can Sparkol retrieve versions?
1) if you happen to be opening and working on the autosave backup file instead of your other scribes, it gets overwritten automatically sometimes. - so?I don't understand what this means and what you want me to say/do?2) First, look to see if there is a scribe file name "autosave backup". Open that and see if it is the most recent version. Use "save as a COPY and close" to save it with a new name. - no there isn't3) If you have been clicking the "save and close" button sometimes instead of the "save as a COPY and close" button then you probably saved over the same file sometimes instead of saving a new copy. - there is no save and close button. It is just save.4) open version7 and see if it is actually the most recent version even though the name does not look right to you. or look at the thumbnail preview images of the scribes and open the one that seems most complete. maybe you thought you were saving new copies but you were just saving the same file name. - no it isn't5) I'm still unclear if you have been saving the scribes locally or online or both. - both.
Do you work for Sparkol? Can you retrieve files?
Thanks for your help Mike
2) Yes I think so as I was travelling and opened/closed.
3) nope max No.7 is on there :-((
how depressing :-(((
Just to confirm, with regret, that I can see nothing higher than '...7' from my side
Ian - at Sparkol
Thanks Ian :-((
So, if I was pressing 'save' each time. How do I 'really' save?!
Can you try the following with a Scribe file.
When you select the save option, uncheck 'Save online' and Give the Scribe a name of Sparkol Save Test 1.
This should save the scribe to your local directory.
Once you get the confirmation the Scribe is saved, press the home button to go back to your projects.
Ensure that you're looking at the local directory and can you confirm that the Scribe file is there?
If yes, make sure you're connected to a reliable Wif-fi connection. Press and hold on the Project thumbnail for 5 seconds, you will be asked to enter in your email address and password.
Once you have done this, you will need to give the Scribe file you're uploading a name. Call it Sparkol Save test 2.
Wait for the upload to complete and check that you have the relevant file in each directory.
If you do not, please advise at what point in the above process you had the issue.