What languages and fonts would you like to see?

In Progress
  • With the arrival of v3.6 of VideoScribe, we have a whole new text and font system with more supported languages than ever before and inbuilt Google fonts... Find out more about this here.

This is just the start and we are keen to add to the range of fonts and languages available. We would love input on this from Scribers all over the world so please comment below with your suggestions and the more detail you can provide on why the font or language you need would be useful, the better! If you can include a link to the font from https://fonts.google.com/ as well that will make sure there is no confusion

Over to you... 

Edit 21/10/2020...

There have been a few common questions on this post so I thought I would add some FAQs to the initial post for all to see.

Why can't you add your own fonts anymore? 
    There were a number of issues with fonts in v2-v3.5 which customers had been wanting to see improvements too for quite a while. The main ones were:
    • Support More languages (we've added Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Japanese & Korean so far)
    • Quality of the text (imported fonts were not HD and could be very fuzzy when zoomed in)
    • Kerning issues
    • Some fonts with longer tails on y's and j's would get cut off and look poor
    To fix all these issues we had to add some boundaries to the fonts we were going to deal with in order to be able truly test each font and know that what you see is what you get when it comes to all those factors. This why we switched to GoogleFonts and why the initial deployment had 60 of their fonts available, there are plans to add more Google fonts and more languages over time. I understand some customers will not like this change but this is very much about providing a top quality finished video and a huge step forward in that regard.

What fonts support my language? 
    We have a handy help page which shows all the fonts and which languages - Supported languages and fonts and this will be updated as and when new fonts/languages are added. We also have a blog post on the inital 60 fonts that shows examples of the options for the new languages - Choosing the best fonts for our supported languages

If a new language or font is requested, how long does it take to get it? 
    The purpose of this forum is to help us gauge which languages and fonts will be popular. We have our own data on this such as where our customers are from or looking through the Google options to see styles that are not represented well in the original 60. So requesting a font or language here does not mean it will be in VideoScribe, it just means we will consider it when we are deciding what to add next. As the answer to the first FAQ here shows adding a new font, and especially a new language take a fair bit of time, effort and testing so you are not going to see these turned around quickly. We will be looking to add more and more over time but these are likely to be in small batches periodically instead of a regular steady stream. 

How can I increase the chances of my request being chosen? 
    Details! If you just provide a font name we'll still consider it but understanding why you would like it will allow us to see the request through your eyes a lot more and fully understand your need and if it can apply to other people too. 

3 people like this idea
  • Can you publish a list of the 60 available fonts please? It will save a lot of time for people like myself who can't update to version 3.6 if the google fonts I currently import and use aren't available.

Thanks,

Adam

• Would you be possible to add Chinese traditional at your earliest possible? 

Since Chinese simplified is not used in Taiwan, Hong-Kong, Singapore.

Many thanks in advance. 

Weilee

• I can't seem to find a way to use simplified Chinese characters on the new version of VideoScribe. Could you please indicate which font is available to do so?
    Thanks!

• @Adam -  The attached GIF shows you what's there at the moment, if anything you need is missing from the list then please feel free to make a request

@Weilee - Thanks for the request! We'll see what we can do and any updates will be added here

@Vladamir - You can see which character sets each font supports at the bottom of the screen once it's selected.  

gif
  • We request VideoScribe to add the Telugu language to its list of fonts. Thank You. 

•  I would love a scribble and scrawl script fonts (like Kritzel, ChickenScratch and the like) ... didn't find any font of this style ... is that right, or did I oversee something?

• Thai language, please!

• Thanks for all the requests! Keep them coming and we'll keep you updated about anything we add. 

It's worth mentioning that some languages that are not supported may still work in VideoScribe, we just won't officially class them as supported until we have had a chance to fully test them. 

Google has a fonts page where you can filter their fonts by language (https://fonts.google.com/) so you can check there which GoogleFonts work for your language and if any in that list are in VideoScribe you may find your language works already... For example for Thai you could try the 'Itim' font

• Request you to consider for Bengali font. In the Google font library already many Bengali Fonts are available, Baloo Da 2 font is one such font. But, it is not working properly in Videoscribe.

Thanks in advance.

• Please include support for Sinhala language.

• I would like to have an unembellished simplified Chinese font such as Noto Sans SC or Noto Serif SC. Although you support Noto Sans and Noto Serif, these two fonts don't completely work correctly for Chinese. Some characters appear to be arbitrarily bolded. The four simplified Chinese fonts that you do support (Long Cang, Ma Shan Zheng, ZCOOL QingKe Huang You and Zhi Mang Xing) are more difficult  to read. 

• Please add more handwritten fonts like: 

Yellowtail, Pangolin, Amatic SC, Permanent Marker, Architects Daughter, Patrick Hand, Handlee, Neucha, 

Shadows into Light 2, Sriracha, Just another hand, Coming soon, Sue Ellen Francisco, Walter Turncoat, 

Patrick Hand SC

And please consider adding more heavy bold styles like:

Betas Neue, Bangers, Alfa Slab One, Concert One, Bungee, Luckiest Guy, Audiowide, Fugaz One, Chapter One, Sigmar One, Shrikhand, Bowlby One Sc, Racing Sans One, Bungee Inline

And perhaps add some fun fonts that have interesting effects to them:

Faster One, Trade winds, Zilla Slab Highlight, Bahiana, Molle, Seymour One, Fascinate

Thank you for considering these suggestions :)

• Hi Barry, 

Can you please consider adding support to Sinhala language? There is already a Google font available (Abhaya Libre). 

Much appreciate the support. Thank you.

Login to post a comment