Standard UI elements and keystrokes please!

• VideoScribe is not ready for production work without these UI elements fully implemented: (Windows keys shown; for Mac substitute CMD for CNTRL)

• CNTRL-C to copy any object or group
    • CNTRL-V to paste anything in clipboard
    • CNTRL-X to cut any object or group
    • CNTRL-Z to undo any previous action (up to 20 or 100 levels would be even better)
    • CNTRL-S to save a scribe as an editable file in the directory of my chosing
    • Save-As to save the current status of the scribe as an editable file in the directory of my chosing
    For examples of these UI elements, please look at any Mac/Windows product released since 1984. 

3 people like this idea
  • Agreed :)

• Ditto

• We have implemented all these keystrokes in the new version 2.

• Good to hear. When is V2 due for release?

• Monday!  Rollout starts on 9th June 2014.

• Then I have discovered Videoscribe at a perfect time!

• Yea Rollout on 9th June 2014 ;)

• It's there now at https://my.sparkol.com/versions - we are taking the rollout to existing users very slowly, but if you want to upgrade or use the new version you are welcome to.

• Thanks Jon to you and the Sparkol crew for all of the hard work in getting this Version 2.0 out to the us :)

Much appreciated...

•  Before I install V2, am I in danger of losing the scribes I've already created? Where in fact are they stored, if I saved locally?

• Hi Steven,

No you will not lose any scribes. 

Your scribes are not stored with the software, they are stored in a separate hidden directory.

Andy

• We are planning to upgrade version 1.x users slowly to version 2 in-case any problems arise, currently there are no known issues upgrading.  If you would rather wait until others have gone through this process that's not a problem, we want to make your life better and not cause you any unnecessary headaches!

• For more on upgrading to version 2, see this post:

http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000029689

• Apparently, CTRL>S doesn't work. I found out the hard way this morning that my hours of work yesterday are lost as I was assuming that CTRL>S was saving. It wasn't.

Login to post a comment