How to use mathmatical term

• CodeCogs is for higher math.  I'm still trying to make just a simple long division sign  __________

)

Somethiing like this --  Nothing works, can't import from anywhere.  I'd settle for just being able to draw a line -- something else we can't do with VideoScribe -- very frustrating.

•  Hi,

option 1:  add a parenthesis as a text element all by itself. Then add an underscore as a seperate text element and line it up manually. scale it larger or add more if necessary. Voila! long division symbol!

option 2:  just use inkscape (free at inkscape.org) to draw (or type) whatever you want (a symbol or whole equations) and save it as an SVG. related topics:
    create-your-own-images
    how can I make SVGs that draw well?

option 3: do a google search for a jpg or png of the symbol you want and import it into videoscribe.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike,  I can easily draw this symbol with parentheses and lines or underlines in other programs.  However, the line does not import properly regardless of how I save it (SVG, etc.) -- Have any of  you been able to import a straight line into Videoscribe and been able to actually edit it for size?  If so, I'd love to see it, thanks.

• Sure!

screenshot of option 1 described in my previous post:

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Looks great -- but where are you getting the lines in frames 1, 5, 8 and 9?  I can't get any to import like this.  Maybe we are finally closing in on this -- !

• I used the underscore as described in my previous post.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Ok -- full circle -- I'm out.

•  In case you are misunderstanding what I wrote: these are not imported images with option 1. These are not SVGs. They are text elements typed directly into videoscribe using the text tool. This is probably the easiest method.

for option 2, If you are trying to use an SVG with text in it, then you probably have to convert the text to outlines as described in this thread: how can I make other fonts draw well?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike, can you take a look at my scribe titled Dotted Line (saved in cloud)?  I am hitting shift and line next to the zero -- normally how I make a solid line -- however, it is dashed in both the fonts that you used.  How did you get a solid line?

• Hi vivian,

I'm a videoscribe user so I don't have access to your online files.

If you look at the screenshot I previously attached, you'll see that I added each underscore as a separate text element and then positioned them manually on the canvas so they touch or overlap.

However, if you want to type multiple dashes or underscores in the same text element instead, you can move them closer together by reducing the gap setting. you may have to make it a negative number to make the lines look like one continuous line.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi All,

If you are wanting Mathematics text and formulae to be scribed as videoscribe does for standard text then go to the link below and like. I have been on these forums for years and today is the first time I have seen the link below.

You must LIKE it!!!!!!!

http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000037290?page=1

• Hye guys,

I think I have the solution for your problem and it works for me. Just follow this steps and i hope it will help you guys.

1. Download the font 'Math Symbol' from the internet and install it in your pc.

2. If you are using MS windows 8, click the 'Search' button on the taskbar and search for 'Character Map'and choose it from the list.

If you encounter any problem or using other ver of windows or mac just click on this link:

http://fsymbols.com/signs/root/

3. Choose your font (in this case 'Math Symbol'), choose the surd symbol and press select. Then press copy.

4. Open VS, paste the symbol in the add text field. Set the font to Math symbol. It should look like this.

5. Click the right button and a surd should appear.This is the one that i have done.

I hope this will help to answer your problem. 

• Thank you Hamizan Haisa!

That is a very good method.

Login to post a comment