Compressing video down to email attachment size

•  Hi, thanks for your very useful help so far. I have created a 6-minute monster 305Mb video, and zipping it only got it down to 280Mb, still much too large to email it. Any other tricks to compress the file?

Will I have the same problem uploading to Youtube and/or Facebook?

Thanks,

Peter

• You can use freemake or any other video editing program to save a new copy with a lower file size: http://www.freemake.com/blog/reducing-video-when-size-does-matter/

If you are sending by email, you will probably want to save your video with smaller dimensions like 640x360 or smaller

for youtube, huge file sizes are okay. youtube will reprocess the video anyway.

you can check facebook's guidelines for their recommended file types and sizes. It might be better to just link to your youtube videos for facebook.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Fantastic. Thanks again, Mike. Just not sure how to change the dimensions.
    Peter.

• in videoscribe 1.3.26  when you click the button to render a video in video scribe, you should see the options for height and width. it is probably the same in 2.0

For changing the size in a video editor, you should refer to the website for that video editor.

•  Thanks again,

Peter

• Hi guys that happens to me all the time the trick that I use is team viewer and a direct link to my computer to transfer the file between computers and I also use skype it doesn't have a file limit neither does facebook within a chat window, also my other tools that have happened to resolve the problem is Google Drive and Dropbox there is no limit there either.. I used to use Gigya but they don't seem to exist any more. Do not by any means I repeat compress your file you'll lose quality and when you place your name your effort your presentation your talent your aim your focus your desired goal I repeat do not allow that to hold a lower quality you always have to use the highest quality saving compression rendering graphics etc. 

If you do not find the fonts that you want, make your own, my friends, I see fonts in all things and they have such great names but I don't see my name there, and I want that type of fingerprint, fame, I want to see myself everywhere, as a font, as a typeface for print, an ink, a space between pixels, as a pixel designer, as a layer, a protocol for transport, a database design, an archive, a style of drawing, artistic impression, an icon, a button, a color to choose from, a voice over, a t shirt, a type of plant to weave into a cotton a linen a silk a denim, a design, a comic, a short film, a documentary, a video, a video style, a sharing platform, a breakfast style at Denny's or Ihop like the Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity, I want to be a breakfast also.. and background music, I had too much coffee this morning my inner me is getting lose, Excuse me while I bring him back.. "Get back here!" "Ha not today buddy.. what are you going to erase all that you have typed what a waste of time.""No." "What's wrong with having aspirations and achieving them?""Nothing but noone asked for them the asked how to transfer large files over email.""You explained the Dropbox, and Google Drive and Skype and Facebook and Team Viewer right?" "Yes.""That's how well you've done it all these years. It works for you. All I can say is thanks for posting.""Will you get back in here?'"Gabriel out.""I was trying to be humorous but what if they haven't had their coffee and noone reads these comments?""well there you have it, design a feature that guarantees the number of readers to each post and require that no posts in a knowlegebase be allowed to be viewed without a question posted or problem first so that the current date is captured and recorded and it shows that the information is up to date." "I can do that but how do I get the software community in the world to go along with it?""I'll handle that.""Ok thanks.""You're welcome." hope this helps its how I reason my troubles and get through them.

Login to post a comment