I would suggest Sparkol ditch the "Video Scribe" animation that pops up after editing a hand style

• Hi Guys,

This animation is played internally by the program after you have gone in to edit the style of hand. Unfortunately it causing constant crashes and freezes for me. Crashing also invariably locks me out of using Videoscribe for 10-15 mins as it thinks I'm still logged in etc. Workflow is therefore disrupted. (I spent all day yesterday on a Scribe because of this issue - which is ridiculous, it should have taken a couple opf hours tops) Indeed the only way I could stop the crashing was to use an element already in the scribe that already had no hands, copy it and swap out the text and graphic.

I realise this is a memory or performance issue, but I am using a pretty powerful set up: Intel Core i7 990 and 21 GB of RAM. I'm running quite a lengthy animation with quite a lot of photos and text and zooms, so it's like it's the program that is slowing down rather than my machine. Also, I get this when putting together a simple scribe say with a couple of pictures.

Taking out this "Videoscribe" animation would help in my opinion as it seems unnecessary and dare I say, a bit gimmicky, and all to the detriment of the stability of the program.

Thanks,

Stephen.

Stephen Evans

Owner
    HITHUT MEDIA LTD

Twitter: @hithut

uk.linkedin.com/in/hithut/

hithutmedia.com

hithut.wordpress.com

VS_crash.png
    (85.7 KB)
  • Hi Stephen,

this is a memory issue as you suggest and VideoScribe only has a limited amount of RAM available no matter what the specs are of the computer that the software is running on.

Issues can begin when your scribe is going above using about 1.5GB of RAM (you can check this on Activity Monitor/Task Manager).

There are a number of things you can do to reduce the amount of memory that a particular scribe uses when loaded.

These things include optimising your images before importing them, avoiding large and fast camera movements, avoiding extreme zoom in/zoom out between elements and avoiding the overuse of text elements that use imported fonts.

Please read the forum post entitled 'TIPS to avoid Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours' for more detailed information about how to avoid these types of issues.

If you need any advice about anything please let me know and I will be able to help.

-Matt

Login to post a comment