Problems with export and audio

• I am trying to export a scribe, but I keep getting videos with the last part of the audio missing. I am not sure why this is happening. When I play my scribe from inside the program, everything works fine.

What can I do to export my scribe without loosing the last 30 seconds of my speak??

• Hi Jørgen,

Sorry that you are having this issue.

So we can look into it for you, can you save your scribe in your online (cloud) folder, and let us know the name of your scribe? then we can have a look at it for you advise you accordingly. Also, which settings are you using when you try and render your video (WMV,MOV,FLV/ which quality)?

• The scribe is called Forloeb_final - it is in the cloud now.

I have tried all settings except the flv, which I know I won't be using anyway.

Thank you :-)

• Hi Jørgen,

Thanks for uploading your scribe.

I've had a look at it and it seems that you are encountering a known bug. At the moment our music tracks are only able to loop up to five times, and then after that the audio cuts out. This is why you were experiencing this problem. I tried rendering your scribe with the music track 'beg your pardon' (2min 28 sec long) attached instead, and the audio played fine all the way through the video. If you try and use a longer music track on your scribe, does that resolve the issue for you?
    Sorry that you have had problems with this, please be assured that we are working on fixing this issue in a future update.

Please let us know if you need any further support or information.

• I will try another audio track -  thank you :-)

I am also experiencing issues with different sound levels on speak/music when the scribe is played on different computers. Some people can't hear the music at all and others can't hear the speak.

Do you know anything about that?

• Hi Jørgen,

Are you having this issue with people playing the scribe file within VideoScribe, or people playing a rendered video of one of your scribes?

• It is as after the export. Seems strange, but there is a huge difference in audio levels, depending on which computer/headphones you are using... 

• Hi Jørgen,

As you are getting this issue with a rendered video file the problem is most likely being caused by the way that different computers/media players are reading the same file. One thing you could try is converting the video file to another format (such as MP4) and see if you get more consistent results. Freemake Video Converter is a free bit of software which enables you to do this, but there are others as well.

• I will try to add audio tracks in Premiere Pro instead, 

if format is the problem, it would be nice if you would consider including mp4 as an export option :-)

• You can add this as a feature request on our 'Ideas and feature requests' and our developers will consider it for inclusion in a future release.

It may be that the idea has already been suggested - the more likes the request gets the more chance there is of it getting into a future release.

-Matt

• Sorry... but I am quite sure that it is the way VS exports wmv that is corrupted. I spent all day yesterday trying to export my scribe and I am not succeeding today either. 

I thought it waas the loop issue, but it is not. I cannot export my scribe in HD quality... it gets stuck along the way.

When I export low quality versions I am unable to import the files into other programs such as Premiere Pro. I am not able to fast forward in the rendered videos either. 

Please help! 

• Hi Jorgen,

It does sound like the File you previously rendered has had an issue if you cannot skip during playback. Please delete this file.

If you find this is an isue rendering as a .Mov file can you try rendering using a different export option e.g .Mov or .FLV. I would try restarting VideoScribe, opening the file you intend to render and select the alternative render option (.MOV or .FLV) without trying to render as a WMV first. If you have a problem after following this process, can you advise what happens? are there any error message? What are you using to play back the video and what version of that player are you using?

If you have a further issues please let us know.

Thanks, Joe

Login to post a comment