Scribe Hanges Repeatedly

• Many times scribe has failed to respond when trying to save the file, either online or local. I tried it on two different machines and get the same problem.   

•  Most problems with videoscribe are the result of oversized image files or excessive camera settings.

If you want specific feedback on the problems with your scribe then save it online and tell support the name of it.

If you want to solve the problems with your scribe then follow the tips in this thread: TIPS to Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

NOTE: WMV videos require more memory than MOV so they may put more of a strain on your system resources.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks.  I've been reading the related threads and followed one of them. I move the file via your cloud to another machine built specifically for processing video.  This solved the initial problem of not being able to render at all.  It is currently rendering and see what that brings. 

The oversize image might be a contributing factor. I have a habit of using very high res to ensure quality in my productions. Not a problem in AVID but perhaps a source of my troubles here.

Once this video is finished rendering I'll know more.   Many thanks for the feedback  Love the software and I am no stranger to challenges.       

• The render failed again, but in the same place as the last time. Will try removing that image and see what happens. 

• That's an excellent idea. Historically, removing and re-adding an image will sometimes fix a problem with an element that has become corrupt. Keep in mind that the problem may arise again if underlying causes (oversized images, excessive camera moves etc) are not addressed.

Also, keep in mind that this is the community forum and I'm just a user.  Customer support frequently posts in this section too, but if you wish to contact them directly, you can use the Ask A Question section to make a new support ticket.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment