do you think videoscribe sucks???

• whytf this app sucks

1 person has this question
  • It works great for me, but I know that some people struggle with it. Maybe if you describe some of the specific features that are giving you difficulty, someone can offer assistance.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike, it kinda sucks. 

• *shrug* Sometimes different people have different opinions. If you have actionable suggestions for improvement, you could post them in the features and suggestions are of the forums.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike I’d be thrilled if they’d respond to the requested that I’ve seen posted 2 years ago. Such as allowing to animations to occur simultaneously etc. it’s almost just as effective to use PowerPoint.
  • *two
  •  I notice that Barry has responded to multiple threads in the last 2 weeks and 14 were recently flagged as "in progress", and 1 as "implemented".   If your preferred threads are not among the ones already being addressed, it might be a good idea to post a reply in those threads and "like" those threads, in order to bring them more attention.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hey Mary, we are always working on something. Mike's right that commenting on the original post and liking it will help as that counts as a vote. 

Votes are one of a few things we consider when we decide what to do next, but they are certainly a big contributing factor. 

• Hi 

I am having a horrible time with this product. For example the first thing people encounter when they use it is that the image they make for the first time gets larger then they have click off the scale and it will no longer become larger.  This functionality should be somewhere else and turned off when you first use VideoScribe.
     At the same time if you do not click on the camera the image will still become larger. No way of knowing when to use the camera and when not to use the camera. It would be nice if you put 100 people who never used your product in a room and watched them use it for the first time. You would learn a lot and solve peoples frustrations.

• I agree with Charles that any time an element is imported. It would be an improvement if the program automatically "set the camera" at its current location and zoom percentage.  For new users it is unexpected and may be frustrating for the program to have a "surprise" default camera position for every element that is different from the camera position at the time of import. In other words, If I import an image and then click the "view camera position " icon. There should be no (unexpected/unwanted) camera position change or zooming.

I hope I explained that in a way that makes clear the difference between the way the program works and what I would consider to be a more intuitive method. Here is a link to a previous suggestion thread which suggests that this change is/was going to be implemented: https://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000030398

Practical suggestion for users: Unless/until a change is made programmatically, the user's solution is to always click the "set camera" icon immediately after importing an image, then scale the image etc. And it really is that simple. (This will work for any currently selected elements.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment