Hello.1.From the Last version. 3.2.1 Many times when i'm trying to move the element, i move the Whole canvas camera instead. Especialy with png files or stacking images. Callouts it's impossible to move them, unless you zoom 200% and click exatly on the border of the bubble.
2. This one i was very surprised that was never implemented. Enter key, dosen't act like check mark. I mean that i have to click with the mouse every time on the check mark when i want to add a text or an image file or whenever i am doing something in the properties.
3.When i double click on the selected element from the canvas, Or the work bar, it opens the properties of the element instead of focusing the camera. We are using that feature a lot, so for me it was much better the way before with double click to give you the camera possition. Or at least when you right click on the element from the work bar to have the option there as well not only when you right click on the canvas element.
4.When i choose draw with No hand, for the next element the setting goes to zero, and with every new element i have to do it again. For example if i want to make a whole video without the hand or with moving elements or fading elements only i have to set it again and again for every single element.Same thing with the text. I am using a specific Font and for every time i create new text i have to select the same font again and again. If you could touch those things they could save a lot of time and nerves to many people.
Thank you. Regards
Thanks very much for your feedback.
1. The way that SVG images are displayed on the canvas has changed in the latest version of VideoScribe. This change means that you now need to click on the line or the colour part of an image to select it and move it. You need to click once to select, then click, hold and drag a second time to move.
We are monitoring the response to this change and if it is found that it is causing a lot of problems we will make some changes to make it easier to select and move elements.
2. When entering text, the enter key is used for a new line so would not work there but I can see that it would be useful for confirming changes made to an element's properties. I have passed this onto the VideoScribe project manager for future consideration.
3. Yes, you now need to expand the timeline thumbnail, click the camera icon and then click the camera with the eye in it to view the current camera position. Again, this is something we are monitoring and will potentially look into making it easier to view the camera position if it is causing issues.
4. You can set the default hand for the whole scribe so that every element added after the change will use that hand. It will also change the hand, for elements already added to the canvas, to the new default hand unless the hand has already been changed for the element from within it's properties. See Change the hand for more details.
As a daily videoscribe user for 6 years I am finding this new setting where I need to click on the line or colour part of the image problematic.
actually, on closer inspection, I do remember the awkwardness of trying to grab the canvas and accidentally grabbing my drawings, so I can see something is needed. but on some images that are not filled in and are just lines, it is very difficult to grab and move them.
It's almost as if it needs a blue circle that you can click to drag an image like this. (similar to the blue squares you have for changing the size, or the blue circle for rotating. ) At least that way you would know you are grabbing and dragging an image without moving everything when you least expect it!
Ok thank you. Is there a way i can go back to my old version ?
The last version of VideoScribe is always available under previous versions on the Download page